US Immigration Home> B-1 Business Visa
|About Us|Contact Us

Doing Business in the US - B-1 Visa

Generally, nationals of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) need not obtain a visa to perform regular business activities in the United States of America. VWP participants include, among others, most Western European countries. However, even if you are a national of a VWP country, you should get a visa if:
Doing Business in the US
Doing business means engaging in business activities other than the performance of skilled or unskilled labour. Gainful employment is not allowed and requires a work visa. Examples of doing business include negotiating contracts, consultations with business associates, participation in seminars or conventions, and undertaking independent research. This can be a grey area and if in doubt please contact us for more information.

How to Obtain a B-1 Visa
Each case must be well documented with supporting evidence proving that all legal requirements have been met. The relevant US Consulate or Embassy will then adjudicate the visa application. The visa may be issued for up to 10 years, but the visa holder will normally only be admitted to the US for 6 months at a time. Dependents of the visa holder (spouses and children) cannot obtain dependent visas, but may be able to get B-2 visas. Please contact us for more information regarding dependents.

US Immigration

The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional