US Immigration Home> E-1 Treaty Trader Visa
|About Us|Contact Us

Trade in the US - E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

There are two types of E visas, E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor. The basis for the classifications lies in treaties of friendship, commerce and navigation or Bilateral Investment Treaty or other arrangements between the US and certain countries that were entered into to enhance or facilitate economic and commercial interaction between the United States of America and the relevant countries.

Who Qualifies for an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa?

A person may be issued an E-1 visa if:

How Long Can E Visa Holders Stay in the US?

E visas may be issued for up to five years but is commonly issued for two years at a time. There is no limit on the number of extensions. These can be granted as long as eligibility continues and the relevant treaty remains in force.

How to Obtain an E-1/E-2 Visa

Each case must be well documented with supporting evidence proving that all legal requirements are met. For a list of treaty countries, please contact our office. The initial E application will normally be adjudicated by the relevant US Embassy or Consulate.

Subsequent extensions are processed by a Citizenship and Immigration Services Service Center. Dependents of the E-1/E-2 holder (spouses and children) may also obtain E visas. E spouses may later apply for work authorization in the US.

US Immigration

The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional