US Immigration Home> US Green Card through Marriage
|About Us|Contact Us

US Green Card through Marriage

A bona fide marriage to a US Citizen may be the safest and sometimes also the quickest way to a US green card. For immigration purposes, spouses of US Citizens are considered to be in the so-called Immediate Relative category, which enjoys some advantages compared to other preference categories. In particular, there are pronounced procedural benefits where the US Citizen spouse is residing in the UK.

If you apply for a greencard / permanent residency prior to your 2 year wedding anniversary there will be conditions imposed on your greencard. This effectively means that the foreign national will not be granted a full greencard until after the conditions are removed and the marriage is still in existence and meets the criteria.

Procedure Where the US Citizen Spouse Resides in the UK

Other Procedures for Green Card Through Marriage

In general, the procedures will vary and can take longer than where both spouses are residing in the UK if: If your circumstances mirror any of those described above, please contact our office for more detailed information about procedures and processing times.

SkillClear can also help with other family based immigration matters for America.

US Immigration

The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional